Thursday, November 6, 2008

Monday Morning Musings

Muse upon this:

Make today unforgettable


What can you do today to make this day unforgettable? We tend to live much too unconsciously day-to-day with days flowing into each other, weeks flowing into weeks, months into months, etc. until we realize many days have passed that were unremarkable, unmemorable, and very much the same. What can you do today to make it unforgettable? I posed this question to the muses a few months ago and one did something so fabulous, it still makes me smile (and, frankly, cracks me up!) Want to see a photo? Here it is. MuseBeth thought about just doing yoga on the floor, but she felt it would be forgettable so up on her desk she went! Realize this woman is a Vice President of a large corporation. Can you imagine the affect this had on her secretary who took her photo? Yes, it might be silly and isn't that just what we need in our life? And you know...we Muses still remember this from MuseBeth making her day unforgettable for her and many others.

What are some more unforgettable ideas? What about a random act of kindness? Pay for someone behind you in a drive thru or at a toll booth, smile at total strangers, call a friend who needs it. Buy flowers for yourself. Eat breakfast for dinner. Apply for the job you have always wanted. Begin the book you want to write. Schedule the vacation you are dreaming about. Write a love letter to your spouse. Make today different than all the others. Make it unforgettable. What will you do? Share with us...

9 comments:

@MuseLaura said...

I am going to let today unfold with no expectations...

@MuseKaren said...

I found this great quote from Ralph Waldo Emerson:

"Enthusiasm is one of the most powerful engines of success. When you do a thing, do it with all your might. Put your whole soul into it. Stamp it with your own personality. Be active, be energetic, be enthusiastic and faithful, and you will accomplish your objective. Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm."

I'm doing EVERYTHING with enthusiasm today - that will definitely make this day unforgettable.

Marya said...

I don't know yet (-:

Tamlin said...

I think typically people complain about saying something before they think. I have the opposite issue where I think about it and over think about it and over think about it. The moment has then passed and I remain silent.

So, I think for me I am going to allow my truth to spill forth. I'll worry about censoring later.

Beth said...

I woke up on my birthday wondering what I should do to make the day unforgettable. I decide that today would be the day I would do a handstand (unassisted)--that would make it an unforgettable day! I thought about it all day and in the afternoon, I approached my mat and tried and tried and tried and tried to kick up into handstand. I never made it and I gained a few sore muscles after all those attempts. The day was not memorable for the reason I had visualized but it was a lesson for me around expectations and letting go. I am still feeling a bit wounded but have renewed commitment to my practice--maybe by my next birthday??!!

SAS said...

I love the energy that I have just thinking about how to make my day unforgettable. Karen, your quote is wonderful!

Meagneato said...

Huh, I was just thinking about how I could lay low today and pretty much be as boring as possible. Why did I think that? I know that if I do that, then by the end of the day, the day will be forgettable, and I probably won't feel content with my lack of doings. How can I make today unforgettable? I will think about it and come back and share. :)

Tracy said...

I am going to be present in each moment so that I can take advantage of all the small opportunites to be positive and compassionate to others. I want to ripple waves of positive energy out into the world.

It makes me smile just to think of it.

Anonymous said...

I am going KEEP TRACK of everything that I am grateful for.
That will make my day unforgettable - maybe tomorrow I will have even more
becky k