Thursday, March 19, 2009

Monday Morning Musings: Brighten Another

Muse Upon This:

“We cannot hold a torch to light another's path
without brightening our own.”

~ Ben Sweetland



Lovely, isn’t it? Who’s torch in your life can you light? Who needs a quick email, a phone message, or just a loving thought sent to them? Who needs a gentle reminder that they are special, that what they do matters, and that you appreciate there presence on this earth? Let them know...light another’s torch today...

I have received so many "Feel Good" Links. Thank you! I look forward to sharing them all. This one I saw a few months ago and found myself revisiting it because of its power. It makes the world feel, well, smaller, and gives you a feeling of connection to everyone. How he got so many people to do that with him...kids, yes, but adults, too? Brilliant, Matt. Thanks, Jennifer for sending it to me! I think I needed another boost. Curious? Watch here.

4 comments:

@MuseLaura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
@MuseLaura said...

Lately I have been going through some personal challenges, situations that are asking me to wake up and step out of my comfort zone into a bigger, more abundant space. What kept coming up for me was to serve others, although I wasn’t sure how. Of course, the Universe provides. I have two friends who are in need of support, a family member going through an unexpected surgery, and I have been asked to volunteer for an organization I support. It feels so good to focus on someone or something else. To put my love into brightening someone else’s path.

Marya said...

I have been meaning to write a letter to my grandmother since Christmas. I had intended on writing personal letters to many people. It's time to fulfill that intention.

Tamlin said...

I was thinking the other day that the person in my life that I am the hardest on is...well, myself. I realized that one way to look at this quote (maybe a little differently than intended) is to step back from myself and note the things that I love about myself. It's so easy to be critical and list all those areas that I want to grow and develop in my life but what ways can I also brighten the path for the internal me?