Thursday, January 29, 2009

Monday Morning Musings: Making the "Right" Decision


Muse Upon This:

Are you waiting to make the “right” decision?


In my coaching practice, I find my clients are often stymied in their life because they are searching for the “right” answer. What is the “right” decision? The one that makes everything perfect? The one that has NO problems or issues attached to it? Do you REALLY want that dull of a life? Really? Aren’t the bumps in the road what have made you stretch and reach? Given you more vibrancy? Made you come alive? In last week’s musing, I alluded to making a decision when you were feeling good rather than bad. (hmmmm...interesting, whenever I write “good” I always type “god” first...coincidence? OR, when you are feeling “good” are you feeling “God?”) If you are feeling good when you make a decision, you are making a decision more connected to your Spirit, your inner guidance. If you are feeling bad, you are letting fear guide you. If you felt good when you made a decision, know it is for your higher good regardless of what happens!

I don’t believe in regret. Really. When I see all the good that has come from every “wrong” decision I have made, how can I see it as “wrong?”

So, today I encourage you to consider a decision you want to make. Are you searching for the right answer? Get yourself feeling really good and then go with what feels right to you in that moment. If you have a decision you have made in the past that you felt was “wrong”, is there another perspective you can have? Did you learn and grow from it?

9 comments:

@MuseLaura said...

This realization has empowered me tremendously. In the past year I have pushed myself to stretch in every area of my life. There have been many times I begin to feel the specter of regret rear its head because of the stretch. Then I remember I made the decision from a lovely place of excitement for the stretch and the fear quickly turns into excitement!

@MuseLaura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marya said...

'm fully immersed in a situation where I don't know what decision to make. It's definitely a situation where there is no right or wrong. It's more a damned if you do, damned if you don't.

So, my decision is inaction. I'm not sure how it will all work out. I'm meditating, surrendering and asking for help and guidance. Maybe at some point I'll make a different decision. For now, I think silence is the best decision I can make.

Tamlin said...

I have a rather large decision (difficult) to wrestle with in my life right now. For quite a while, I settled on inaction (silence). Fortunately, I know this is a bad process for me so I spoke up about all of my thoughts. I'm still wrestling with my thoughts but at least it isn't in silence.

One thing I also wanted to note on the "right" decision.... Something that Michael (http://experiencehappiness.net/) said keeps running through my mind. The idea that there isn't an ultimate path one has to be on...forget "the path". Think of it more as "experiments". These "experiments" make up your life.

Beth said...

I find that I have to make decisions all day at work--often very big decisions that have to do with lots of money or may affect the lives of others or myself. However, I find I often struggle more with making decisions "at home" (sometimes I come home from work and have a really hard time deciding what to have for dinner!). I do make better decisions both at work and at home when I am feeling positive. I feel fortunate that I know how to get myself in a more positive frame of mind--sleep, healthy food, yoga. My yoga practice also helps teach me the patience to wait to make those decisions until I am in the right frame of mind. It doesn't always happen because some decisions can't wait but it is interesting to reflect later about the process.

@MuseKaren said...

I made a decision last week that I have been struggling with for 2 years. I was in Costa Rica and feeling so good. The decision came from the authentic feel good place in me - I know it is the perfect choice for me now.

Cyndee Greene said...

Thank you for this! Of course the timing was perfect!
I have been in the midst of a horrendously heartbreaking situation w/ my best friends & also a circle of women that I adore. It has shaken me at my core.
I didn't know what the right response was. I found myself explaining to everyone in my mind. Whenever there was a mass e-mailing or invitation on Facebook or anything else my body would literally shake.
This morning my Guides asked me to not be so quick to understand everyone else & to write about what I was feeling. And the things that came thru were amazing. I had just asked them yesterday how to tap into these powers that I have. This morning they said 'This is how'. I stopped placating & named exactly what was going on. And I all of a sudden felt lighter & had more clarity.
I felt led to respond to an e-mail from one of my heart connections in the group. I felt good about what I wrote & how I handled what was going on. Then I went to read your e-mail. It was absolute confirmation in every way of how I just handled myself.
Thank You!

@MuseLaura said...

Cyndee, I love confirmations! Congratulations on speaking your mind...

Anonymous said...

YES, 99% of the time you will find out WHY something did or did not turn out the way you'd hoped. You may have to wait awhile but, you will be shown why!!! Audrey