Thursday, January 22, 2009

Monday Morning Musings: Coming From Love


Muse Upon This

Never make a decision from fear...

Of course, the positive corollary is always make a decision from love. Think of how we feel when fear sets in and we rush to make a decision (or rush to avoid making a decision.) When you feel the specter of fear, stop, take three deep breaths and step away from the situation. Do what you need to do to feel better. You don’t even need to feel better about the situation, just better in general. Go for a walk, talk to a friend, eat something yummy, listen to inspiring music, sleep on it. The better you feel, the higher the perspective you will have on the situation, the easier the “right” decision will come up. I say “right” in quotes because I actually don’t believe in “right” or “wrong” decisions. (More on that in next week’s mmm!) Think of it instead as the best decision for your spirit rather than your fear.

So, what can you do to remember to make a decision from love? Know what I do? Read my comment...

Additional thought: If I begin to feel regret for a decision, I remember how I was feeling when I made it. Feeling good? Good chance it was a fabulous decision that is stretching me. Not so good? Good chance I rushed in with fear and the result is I will have a lesson in why I won’t do that again!

4 comments:

@MuseLaura said...

Since learning this idea (which, by the way, came from one of the Magic Tree House books for kids!), I have become deeply aware of the poor decisions I make from fear. I am one to rush to make a decision. In fact, I would feel so uncomfortable and awkward in the indecision stage, I used to be unable to do anything until a decision had been made.. Now, when I feel the specter of fear, I stop, take three deep breaths (yes, I even count them!) and decide if I really need to make the decision yet. The answer is always, “no”. Then I step aside from it and do other things. I meditate on the discomfort and sit with it. I have learned many a lesson about myself in these quiet moments! Then, when I am back in my love place, I make the decision.

@MuseKaren said...

Isn't it interesting how when you make a decision from Love, it doesn't feel like you even made a decision? It feels so "right" - and that the alternative isn't even a choice for you? When I can't make a decision, I know it is because there is fear involved. I also do what Laura does, step away from the situation. I sit with it. Just knowing that I have that option to not make a decision RIGHT NOW allows me the space to get to the "right" decision for my spirit.

Tamlin said...

I find for me that I need to feel a calm/neutral sensation around a big decision and that is when I know it is "right". If I'm 2nd guessing back and forth during the decision process , then I haven't reached the right decision for the right reason. Journaling or even vocalizing my thoughts when I'm stuck in a mental "spin cycle" also helps clarify my thoughts.

Anonymous said...

It is so true about how where you are, affects your ability to make the decision. It is also true to me that it affects the available options. This reminds me that I need to be better at allowing myself the time to step back so that I can make my decision from another place. I also realize that there may be other options that exist but I don't have the higher vibration to recognize them.