Saturday, January 10, 2009

Monday Morning Musings: 1/12/09


Muse Upon This:

Is it time to shape your life?


As the Buddha said, “As an irrigator guides water to his fields, as an archer aims an arrow, as a carpenter carves wood, the wise shape their lives.” Our life often seems to happen by “accident”, falling into one job or relationship or physical shape and just staying there out of habit. Where in your life are you still doing things by habit? Is it time to shape your life? What do you want to say you now are, do, or have on January 12, 2010 that you cannot say right now? It could be in the spiritual, physical, mental, or financial realm. Or maybe about your relationships. What do you want to be different one year from today? If you want something to change, set an intention to change it. Write it down. Tell others (like us!) Set action steps.

Let us know: What do you want for January 12, 2010? What one thing will you do in the next 24-hours to take yourself closer to your intention? I have something I have wanted and I am ready to publicly commit to making a change. Read it in my comment...

8 comments:

@MuseLaura said...

Ever since starting a business 10 years ago, I stopped saving money. Every penny went into the business for years (and my friends thought being an entrepreneur was the “easy way out”.) My inability to save money turned into a belief. That belief is now done. In the next 24-hours, I commit to putting $20 into savings with more to come...

Marya said...

In one year I want my body to be stronger. I have felt tired for too long. I am already taking steps towards this - refinement of my diet, more water, no coffee, vitamins, detox and changes in my exercise routine.
I'm also inspired by Muse Tammy doing things that are new, challenging and most of all adventuresome. I'm incorporating some of that into my list (like doing an inline skating marathon!)
I need to add something new and strength building. In the next 24 hours I will... hmm, I need some ideas. What do you do to created strength in your life?

Beth said...

I want to spend more time reading. I love to read--fiction, inspirational and yoga books. I have many that I have "skimmed" and I know there are many treasures waiting for me inside the covers of these books. To spend more time reading, I will have to spend less time doing something else like cleaning my house. This really should NOT be hard!

Anonymous said...

After last week's "musing" (which so inspired me!), I saw your "asana of the month" and was inspired to be much more flexible. That being the same "reasonably flexible" for years is just not enough! So this morning I commit to keeping my morning stretch time in my day, even when I'm very, very busy. And to learning more yoga to stretch me in new ways...

SAS said...

I will start a meditation practice. It's something I've rarely tried. I'm looking for clarity, vision and relief .. and I want the tightness in my shoulders and neck to leave. I know something is stuck there.

Darla Brown said...

By this time next year, I will be more devoted to my self through my yoga practice and living a balanced life.

Anonymous said...

When I asked myself this question, what came up for me is that I would like to be experiencing a much stronger and deeper level of self acceptance and self love. Perhaps that simply means experiencing unconditional love - something I am currently in the process of learning about and so I would like to "up" my practice of this so to speak. One way is to commit to changing the way I speak to and of myself. If I catch myself criticizing myself I commit to apologizing to myself and reframing what I said. Thank you! Andrea

Unknown said...

Have a daily adventure! Friday I went skiing and snowboarding. Today I explored the world through the internet and dreamed. So much comes back to gratitude also. Feeling, touching, smelling, tasting and being every moment that I can.