Thursday, March 26, 2009

Monday Morning Musings: Seeing the Miracles


Muse Upon This:

“What we see depends mainly on what we look for.” --John Lubbock


Stop. Read the quote again. Do you see how it applies in your life? Are you currently focused on the 8% unemployment or the 92% employment? Are you looking for the 17 things your mate does well or the 1 thing that drives you crazy? Are you appreciating the love your kids send you? Or noticing the mess they left behind...again. Are you looking for the 98% of drivers who are polite? Or the one who cuts you off? Are you looking for kindness in the world...everywhere?

Today, let your meter be on the positive. What is going well for you? Albert Einstein said it best with: "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." Are you ready to look for the miracles? Take a breath and choose to see the miracles...

Please share with us where you will be focusing and what you see!

monday morning feel good moment

Here is an "awww..." moment if I ever saw one! Enjoy!

5 comments:

@MuseLaura said...

My focus today is going to be on my family. What are my kids doing? What is my husband doing? I am going to find two things today that I appreciate from each and tell them!

Beth said...

My focus this weekend was on doing taxes with a positive attitude! I decided that I would approach it as something I have to do because I have a full and wonderful life with a good job, nice home, nice car etc. I have so much for which to be grateful! My husband commented that I didn't get upset this year when I was working with him on the taxes and I told him that I decided to look at the process in a different way this year. He immediately replied, "I KNEW it was a yoga thing!" I just love that my life is full of "yoga things."

Heather RYT 500 said...

I am focusing on my husband. Instead of automatically reacting to his recommendations, especially if they differ from my view points, I will respond as I do with everyone else; with an open mind and a welcomed ear.

Marya said...

wow, what don't I see? I recently realized that while I do see how wonderful my husband is, I don't tell him often enough.
I need to see more often the great things my kids do.
I need to see things happening in a positive way - the way I want it to work out, not just the way I "fear" it will be.
I need to see possibility and potential EVERYWHERE!

Tamlin said...

I love Marya's post and feel similarly that I want to have even more emphasis on expressing my gratitude and wonder to the people around me. One thing that I do at work is to compliment my co-workers on occasion. Sometimes a simple "you look wonderful today" can mean so much to someone...just to know that someone is seeing them.