Thursday, January 15, 2009

Monday Morning Musings: 1/19/09


Muse Upon This:

When you illuminate yourself, you give people
permission to illuminate themselves.”
~ Michael


What helps you come alive? What feels really, really, deep-down good to your core? Have you ever considered how feeling good at YOUR core affects OTHERS at THEIR core? This quote changes the paradigm around taking care of yourself. And doesn’t the word, “illuminating” seems so much more profound, deeper and more resonant with your Spirit? To be illuminated is beyond taking care of your basic needs such as getting enough rest, having enough free time, or exercising regularly. Illumination comes from a glow from within when you are connected to your Higher Self, knowing who you are and LOVING that person deeply. When you love yourself that deeply, you can allow others to let down their guard to illuminate their inner being as well. Now that is power I can support!

What lights you up? What gets you going? Not sure? Join us for some ideas and let us help you illuminate your inner self! Want to know what I love? I have some good ones to share...

8 comments:

@MuseLaura said...

Comment: I love to inspire others. (Obviously!) So, I know I need to be in an illuminated space to illuminate others which then further illuminates me. I love adventure and challenging my fears. I love seeing my love go through one of my children to affect the other. I love to give to my spouse who constantly gives to me. I love, love, love oatmeal raisin cookies...

Beth said...

It is simple--LOVE illuminates me. When I am with someone I love and I have a feeling of peace/contentment/happiness/gratitude then I feel illuminated. It is a much stronger feeling than just being happy--it is being happy with someone who loves me unconditionally, the same way I love them. "All you need is love"

@MuseLaura said...

Oh, Beth, I LOVE it. It feels delicious the way you wrote it...

@MuseKaren said...

Beauty lights me up. I love to see it, hear it, touch it, taste it. I also love to move in a beautiful way - that is why I love to ballet dance. There is no place I feel more illuminated - more alive than at the ballet barre in tights and leg warmers with my body moving and my heart beating to the beautiful music.

Marya said...

Loving myself - working towards truly feeling comfortable with my physical body (love to move too!) and knowing my values and feeling strong through my beliefs and powered by my goals. If you are comfortable with and confident in yourself you can truly do anything. This gives others strength and shows them that they can do it too.

Unknown said...

Passing a smile forward... I love to be able to take all the energy and joy inside and put it into a smile. It's amazing how people respond even if they are having a bad day.

Anonymous said...

This is my first post! I love to help others see the positive in what they already have and what they already are. (How's that for illuminating??) Believing in yourself makes it much easier to reach for more in life - and get it! I am learning this and living this and I want to share it. I also love the feeling of calm I get after a day of bike riding or cross-country skiing. As Laura would say...delicious!!

Marya said...

"Seeing the light and then living in the light, we will ultimately become masters at the power it bestows." Marianne Williamson